Suggested by mega mix via Reddit.
Cookies a la Betty Crocker
- 1/4cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup finely chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Mix brown sugar, shortening, butter, vanilla and egg yolk in medium bowl. Stir in flour and salt until dough holds together.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Beat egg white slightly. Dip each ball into egg white. Roll in nuts. Place about 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Press thumb deeply in center of each.
- Bake about 10 minutes or until light brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. Fill thumbprints with jelly.