Yields: A lot of delicious cookies. I can’t give you an exact amount because quite a bit of raw dough was consumed and never made it into the oven, throwing off quantity estimates. 😉
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup Nutella or other hazelnut chocolate spread
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp. Frangelico (if you have it, if not vanilla will work just fine)
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cream butter with an electric mixer about 1 minute until smooth. Add in both sugars. Beat on high speed about 3 minutes until light & fluffy, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- With the mixer on low, add the egg and Frangelico (or vanilla). Then add the Nutella and mix well.
- In a small bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, and mix on low speed until incorporated. Increase the speed to medium and mix just until the dough is smooth. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a small ice cream scoop (or a teaspoon) form the dough into balls and place on greased cookie sheet. To prevent my cookies from spreading too much, I stuck the cookie sheets in the freezer for about 10 minutes before baking.
- Bake 6-7 minutes (or 7-8 if baking from freezer). Let cookies cool about 5 minutes and transfer to a rack to cool completely.